I know I know its been a while! And I am so sorry about that. A lot has been going on in my life over the past couple of months.
I have been busy with transferring colleges, trying to get a job, and working towards getting my drivers license finally (which I did!). And I finally just got back from camping with my boyfriend and his family for the past four days. My poor legs are bitten up! I promise I will be posting more often from now on.
Let me know if you all would like college related posts along with makeup and lifestyle posts!
Have a great day y’all!
Hey y’all! I hope all is going well!!
As of late I have stopped wearing foundation. I have worn numerous foundations and BB Creams throughout the years and none have really worked with my skin. All of them just look cakey on my skin and just sit on top of the skin. Now I don’t have bad skin. My skin is rather clear. I do have dark circles under my eyes but I use concealer for that. So I would rather skip the foundation and spend more money on other products that I use on the daily. My boyfriend and my family have seen an improvement in my skin and my makeup skills since I stopped using foundation.
Do you all wear foundation? What is your favorite?
Have a great day!
Hey y’all! I am so sorry for not posting the past few days. I have felt discouraged from not having a whole bunch of views/likes on my last few posts. But I am back with a review for my ELF Cosmetics haul I did a while back!
Here we go!
- ELF BB Cream SPF 20: I did not really like this product. I dislike it so much I gave it to a family member. It is too light for my skin and it never stayed on my skin. Also, when you did see the cream on my face it look cakey.
- ELF Maximum Coverage Concealer: I love this concealer. It stays on my face all day and you only need a small amount to concealer each eye.
- ELF Blush Palette: This palette is very pretty. I have been using the top left so far and its gorgeous. You do need to be a bit light handed with it because it is very pigmented.
- ELF Bronzer Palette: This palette is very good and very pigmented from what i have tested. I would purchase it again because it is such a good price.
- ELF Highshine Liquid Lip Paint: This is a very nice color but it is a bit more opaque than I wanted it to be. It does go on well and isn’t too sticky. I would just want it to have a bit more coverage in a single application.
- ELF Liquid Highlighter: I did not like this whatsoever. I would much rather use a powder Highlighter. Whenever I would use this I didn’t really see it showing up and when it did you could see a straight line where it would stop.
- ELF Blush: I have not used this color yet but if it’s formula is the same as their Mellow Mauve Blush I know I will Love this blush.
- Elf Aqua Beauty Molten Liquid Eyeshadow: When I first got this I didn’t think I would like this but I was proven wrong. I love this product. It goes on so easily and can be layered if you would like. Its beautiful and I would highly recommend this.
- E.l.f lip lacquer: This is so beautiful. It is so pigmented when it is applied to the lips and can be put on top of anything.
- ELF Poreless Face Primer: This was not my favorite primer. It didn’t really help my makeup last longer and it had a weird smell to it.
- E.l.f makeup mist and set: I really like this setting spray. I use it mainly when I want shimmery eyeshadows to show up more vibrantly. It does help my makeup stay on longer and I do see it helping my eyeshadow look more bright when I use it that way.
That’s it for the review. I hope it was helpful and you learned something.
Have a great day.
Hey y’all! I hope you are having a great day!
Today you are getting a list of Youtubers that I love and watch all the time!
Here we go!
- The SacconeJolys. They are an Irish family living in England. If you love family vlogs they are fantastic!
- IAmJustAMakeupLover/IAmJustAVlogger. Olena is such a nice person. She does a lot of makeup tutorials and vlogs which are great because they are so relatable.
- itsJudysLife. Here is another family vlog. Judy and her husband have three girls. They live in the US and are hilarious.
- Casey Holmes. OMG I love Casey so much. She does great makeup tutorials and her vlogs are the bomb dot com.
- Pocketful of Primary. This is a teacher channel. The owner is a woman named Michelle and she vlogs her weeks in the classroom and talks about her experiences within a Title 1 school.
- The Lettered Classroom. This is another teacher vlog. This channel offers multiple ideas for teachers to use in the classroom.
- RachhLoves. Rachel is a makeup youtuber from Canada. She is hilarious and does a lot of different types of videos.
- Nicole Guerriero. Nicole started off doing makeup videos and now does vlogs. She is not the “typical” makeup guru and is a great watch.
- Jaclyn Hill. If you don’t know who Jaclyn Hill is are you living under a rock?! She is a makeup guru and is a great watch
That’s it for now.
Have a great day!
Hey Y’all! I hope you are having a great day!
We all know that going to college for the first time is very tough. Going to a new place without your parents is hard. Then, going to a place where you are living by yourself for the first time and need to make a whole new set of friends is difficult.
To help you get through this first year of college here are some tips:
- GO TO CLASS!!!! This may sound obvious but going off to college and not having anyone making you go to class can make you tempted to not go. Make sure you go to class. It is okay to miss if you are sick but if you are skipping on a regular basis is not a good habit.
- Ask for help. It is okay to go to the professor and ask for more explanation. Asking a professor for help is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Going along with the last one, go to office hours. Most schools require professors to have office hours. During these office hours, you have the opportunity to ask questions about homework, topics that were talked about in class, and to discuss anything that you may have missed on an exam.
- Make friends within your dorm. You will be living with these people for a whole year so make some friends so you can bond over things that are happening within the dorm.
- Join clubs. Colleges have so many clubs there is bond to be one that you can join. Also, with joining clubs you are meeting people who have the same interests as you which can make conversations easier.
- Go to tutoring. If you are struggling with a certain subject, tutors can help explain what you may be misunderstanding. And since they are closer to your age they may be able to better explain it than the professor.
- Take breaks/time to relax. Whenever you are studying take breaks after a certain amount of time. Studying to much and not taking a break will make you more stressed and more likely to forget the information.
That’s all the tips I have for you right now! Have a great day!
Hey y’all! I hope you are having a great day so far. Today’s post is 10 things I cannot live without.
Here we go:
- My family. They have always been there for me and have my best intentions in mind. They support my choices and have helped me with important decisions.
- Friends. My best friend and my boyfriend encourage me to keep doing what I’m doing and to be the best person/teacher I can be.
- My dog. I love my dog to death. My family has had her since she was a puppy and she is practically family.
- Coffee/tea. I cannot explain how much I love coffee and tea. I just got addicted to coffee again after not having it for months and now I can’t go without it. And tea is just absolutely amazing.
- My phone. My phone is what I keep in contact with friends and family with. I use Facetime a lot when I am at school to talk to my family and boyfriend since they are far away. It keeps me entertained with social media and games.
- Youtube. I love watching Youtube videos. I watch family vlogs, makeup, and teaching videos.
- Makeup. I love doing my makeup and finding different ways to put on eyeshadows.
- Education/Teaching. I know I know. You are all saying Megan enough with the education and teaching posts. But this is what I am passionate about and I can’t wait to do this for a living.
- Books. I love reading and going into another world when I read. Also, I love reading about what other people have to say about certain topics.
- Journals/Planners. Without a planner or journal I would have no way to organize and plan and I would be lost.
I hope you all enjoyed this post. Have a great day y’all.
Today I thought I would share some tips for living with a roommate!
Here we go:
- Get in contact with them before you move in. See what they are bringing and tell them what you are brining. Get to know your roommate.
- Set boundaries. Tell them what you are not comfortable with happening in the room. And let them tell you what their boundaries.
- Communicate. If something is wrong communicate it with them. Tell them what they are doing well too. Just talk to them about general things it makes things easier.
- Get out of the room sometimes. If both of you are in the room all the time you are bound to argue. Take time to get out the room. Go to the library, explore the campus, hang out with friends, etc.
- Get to know their schedule. If your roommate has a 10 am class and doesn’t wake up until 10 minutes beforehand and you have an 8 am class do not be making a bunch of noise to wake up your roommate. Be respectful.
- Talk about bathroom habits. Now if you share a bathroom with more than just your roommate I would say involve everyone sharing the bathroom in this conversation. Talk about how you all would like to keep the bathroom. Also, discuss how you are sharing the counter and any cabinets and storage space. Lastly, talk about when you most like to shower so you all can figure out your schedule.
I hope you all liked these tips for living with a roommate. Have a great day!